Career Opportunities- Norwood Nursery School Inc.
Employment Opportunity for Executive Director
Norwood Nursery School Inc.
Application Deadline: April 3, 2020
NNS Inc. has been a Nursery School in St.B for almost 50 years! In that time we’ve added two School Age programs, Kindercare and a Full-time Preschool program. We are transitioning to a full year program. Our spaces are bright and cheerful, we have a consistent staff base and great relationships with our partner organizations. It’s a gem of a program!
The Director is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of Norwood Nursery School’s 75-space Centre. The Director will balance workload between administrative tasks, some direct child care responsibilities and will be responsible for hiring, developing and maintaining staff goals, ensuring that all staff follow the Best Practices Licensing Manual for Early Learning and Child Care Centres and embrace NNS’s Mission. The Director will develop an excellent relationship with the children, parents and guardians of the Centre and will ensure that the Centre provides a warm, welcoming, and loving environment for the children and their families.
• Early Childhood Educator (ECE) III with a minimum of 2 years experience as a supervisor and/or administrator in an Early Learning & Child Care setting.
• Experience working with Child Care Pro, Quickbooks, Payworks, and Microsoft Word and an asset. Should have the skills to navigate new software, Apple Mac, Gmail, and other technology.
• Able to demonstrate competency in areas of safety and health, the creation of a creative, stimulating learning environment for school age and pre-school children, program and staff management.
• Demonstrated professionalism
• Knowledge of all MELCC reporting and license requirements
• Competency in the finance and administration of a non-profit, charitable organization
• Excellent communications skills including: email, social media marketing and website maintenance
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Current understanding of contemporary human resources practices
• Ability to work closely & respectfully with senior program staff, and partner organizations
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
What we offer
• MCCA Market Competitive Salary Scale (not most current)
• Paid MCCA Membership and Professional Development
• Current Policies and Procedures
• Manulife Health benefits
• RRSP after 5 years employment
• A collaborative, respectful, happy and supportive workplace
Please email your Cover Letter and resume to:
Board Chairperson c/o Norwood Nursery School Inc at email@example.com
Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Interview candidates will be required to present a current Criminal Record Search Certificate with Vulnerable Sector Search, current Child and Adult Abuse Registry Checks, ECE III Certificate, and three letters of reference at time of interview. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with Manitoba Freedom of Information and Protection Legislation
Employment Opportunity for ECE II- Preschool Group Leader- Term Position
Norwood Nursery School Inc.
Application Deadline: April 22, 2020
This position is a 1 year term- with the possibility of staying on at the end of the term.
Shift is 8 hours- 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
The Preschool group consists of 8- 3-5 year olds who are joined by up to 8 Nursery school children in the mornings (Sept-June only) and up to 10 Nordale Kinders after lunch and on inservice days.
- Paid MCCA Membership
- Paid planning time
- Paid PD including First Aid
- 12 days of accrued sick time/year
- 3 weeks accrued vacation time after 1 year
- Reimbursement for Record Checks
- Free Parking
- Centrally located
- Close to transit
- relaxed, collaborative work environment
- Must have ECE II Certificate
- Will need to provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Persons and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be passionate about providing opportunities for unstructured outdoor play
- Will have a demonstrated ability to create a kind, caring, and inclusive environment for all children